End of semester final

End of semester final 

Camera assignment 1:

For this project my group, Hannah, Marco and Rose, did a music video to the song. We only had about two and a half week to do it so we had to work fast. Along the way we did face some challenges on agreeing with things like, what the song would be and where to film but with the crunch on time we solved them quickly. Overall I loved how our music video ended up. 

Commercial:

This project was about creating a commercial for a target audience that would convey them into purchasing our item ours being a Yamaha instrument. Just like the first project we only had about two and half weeks. Unlike the first project we had many more difficulties such as not compromising or arguing a lot we just didn't all agree with each other but in the end we worked it out. I think we all learned a little something along the way, like how to compromise and collaborate better. After we watched in class we had a lot of feed back, like the music didn't always aline with the instrument which was true and some of the white balance was off but over all we had a good idea and it looked pretty good. I defiantly agree with the feed back we needed to aline the music and take more time on our shots.

Short film:

This short film was about a high school jewish girl who moved from Boston to small town Kansas and her struggles with adjusting and making new friends. We didn't have much longer to do this project like the other one and we where doing the future film reproductions at the same time which made things a little difficult. I learned with this project that you don't always get to do what you want sometimes you gotta help the group out and just do what they need. We haven't gotten any feed back on it yet but I would say we needed some better white balance and kept a shot "style" through out. My overall opinion is if we had more time and more resources and help we probably could have done much better.  

During all of these projects my time in class was used to work with my group or work by myself on the project. Rarely ever has any of my groups gotten a project done early, we don't have that much time as it is so we use all of them time we have to make it look as good as we can. Outside of class though I would research was to enhance my technical skills in cinematography and art direction. 

As a video production student/employee I think my strengths are cinematography and art direction. I work hard to create work that I am proud of when I am in those roles. I haven't gotten any client work though because I am a Junior, and only a certain group of Seniors ever get asked to do any client work. 

Like I said before some areas of strength for me are cinematography and art direction. To maximize my strengths I like to watch movies with good cinematography and get ideas and for art direction basically the same thing but I go like on Pinterest and look at good photos of art direction. Some areas of improvement could also be art direction and cinematography because I think you can always do better. As well as respecting others artistic vision. To improve on these I ask to be the second AC or in art direction and I always try to hear out what people want before I say what I want. 

My favorite person to come speak to our class was Morgan Cooper. He was very real with us and he didn't just sit up and lecture us he answered our questions and really talked to us like he cared. He was so inspiring and just all around a cool guy. He wasn't fake with us and it was so cool to have someone really in the industry not just a college student. 

I absolute loved the AAHFF it was the best experience. I loved going to New York with some of my best friends and meeting so many cool people. Everyone there had such amazing works and I am so happy I got to see that so I know what I want ours too look like and how much more we can be doing.   I really hope we are able to enter in because some of those videos where so amazing and Im so not surprised some of those videos and graphics won. I learned that it take so much hard work and dedication and that we all in eComm need to work little harder. 

In the future film Sub Rosa I am social media content creator and in art direction. I can bring my artistic vision and help the director with there's. I will execute my role to the best of my ability.     

Comments